Introduction to Tequila and Mezcal
Developed By Subject Matter Experts
Tequila means different things to different people. Whether you prefer to drink it neat, shot with a lime, or in a margarita, Tequila is a spirit that’s easily enjoyed in many situations. Tequila and Mezcal are the most famous styles of agave spirits, which is now one of the fastest-growing spirit categories in the world.
Introduction to Tequila and Mezcal is an agave spirits fundamentals course that will give you a basic understanding of native Mexican spirits, how they are made, and how to recommend agave spirits and cocktails to guests.
This course will explore:
- A history of the agave plant
- How Mezcal and the sub-category of Tequila evolved
- How to read an agave spirits label; including blanco, reposado and añejo Tequilas and Mezcals
- How to recommend a Tequila or Mezcal cocktail to a guest
- The basics of popular Tequila and Mezcal cocktails.
- It's time to get to know agave spirits!
CertificateCertificate of completion
Enquire about this course