Advanced Scotch Whisky Knowledge
Scotch whisky, the national drink of Scotland, is one of the most popular categories of whisk(e)y consumed around the world. Whisky can only be referred to as Scotch if it is made in Scotland and adheres to a list of very specific rules. It's very fashionable to be a Scotch drinker these days, but with the massive range available it can be an overwhelming spirit to navigate.
Advanced Scotch Knowledge is a comprehensive course that will take your understanding of Scotch to the next level. This course will break down the different styles of Scotch whisky available and take a deep dive into each style's unique qualities.
This course will cover:
- How barley (and other grains) evolved to become whisky
- The fascinating history of Scotch
- How Scotch is made, including the different production processes
- The styles of Scotch, including single malt, single grain, blended malt, blended grain and blended Scotch whiskies
- Scotland's main producing regions
- Scotch brands that are global players.
It's time to pour yourself a glass of Scotch and start learning!
CertificateCertificate of completion