Advanced American Whiskey Knowledge
Developed By Subject Matter Experts
American whiskey is a dynamic and lovable spirit. A great variety of styles and flavour profiles lie within this broad spirit category, plus a few sub-categories which must follow strict regulations to qualify as authentic. Such whiskeys include bourbon and rye whiskey made in the United States, Canadian rye and blended whiskies.
The versatility of American whiskey lends itself to cocktail making, and any well-curated bar will have at least one bourbon and one rye whiskey for making classic cocktails like the Manhattan, Mint Julep, Old Fashioned, Sazerac, and Whiskey Sour.
This course will cover:
- The tumultuous history of American whiskey
- How American whiskey is made
- How to read an American whiskey label
- The styles of American whiskey including bourbon, rye, blended whiskey, Tennessee whiskey, white whiskey, American single malt and Canadian whisky
- The history and origin of a selection of American whiskey brands.
It's time to take your American whiskey knowledge to the next level!
CertificateCertificate of completion
Enquire about this course