Advanced Cognac Knowledge
Cognac is a type of brandy exclusively made in the Cognac region of France. It's one of the most prestigious and sought-after spirits in the world. Aged in oak barrels, this smooth drink has stringent production regulations, rarely replicated outside the region.
There are several types of cognac - VSOP, XO and Extra - that are each more exclusive than the last.
This course will give you all the information you need to speak about Cognac with confidence, and take your knowledge to the next level. The Advanced Cognac Knowledge course covers:
- The origin of Cognac and the history of Cognac houses
- How Cognac is made
- The roles of master blender, cellar master, and master distiller
- Grades of Cognac, including VS, VSOP, XO, and XXO
- The six Cognac growing regions (crus)
- Common labelling terms on a Cognac bottle
- Tips for serving and enjoying Cognac.
"The great thing about making Cognac is that it teaches you, above everything else, to wait. Man proposes, but time and God and the seasons have got to be on your side."
– Jean Monnet, French politician
CertificateCertificate of completion